Tuesday, September 15, 2009

As summer goes...

....and all of us get back to business in earnest, I've been thinking a good deal about how I want "chelliswilson." to evolve as we go forward.  I have so many plans---challenging me to be more creative, innovative, and energetic than ever (not to mention pushing the limits of what is traditionally considered the purview of a retail venture).  I'm hopeful that I have enough inner "Pied Piper" to convince Portland (and all our friends out in the world) to come along for the ride.   I found inspiration this week via the British publication "Monocle" which describes itself as "a global briefing covering international affairs, business, culture, and design."  It's been added to my already unwieldy list of "must read" periodicals.  For the sake of brevity, I'll just call the following "How to do Retail Right".  This and this...such examples to follow!

But before we leave our summer vacations behind, I want to mention one more Maine destination that is particularly dear to my heart: the Leighton Gallery in (where else?) Blue Hill.  For twenty-nine years, Judith Leighton has been celebrating artists in her beautifully renovated barn with its perfect sculpture garden.  Enchanting and magical and not to be missed.  I took this photo in May 2008.  It had been raining (she provides guests with umbrellas!).  So peaceful.

 
And another thing...
Colette's window celebrating the release of "The September Issue"!  
Closer to home:  Congratulations, Portland!

No comments:

Post a Comment