Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday in the window...

 
I love this beautiful coat from Fog Linen Work.  The linen has the most incredible hand, and it cinches the waist and ties in the back---so chic.  I also love how it looks with my 1920's pony skin director's chair!






















On the other side, another beautiful Fog piece and the most adorable children's early Fall outfit by Le Bouton.  Crisp linen shorts and a luxurious cashmere/merino pullover---that's the way to keep your stylish little person cozy!  Walks on the beach in Maine can be chilly!  Having pieces for children in the shop just makes everything seem friendlier.

I love this clip from the extraordinary French documentary "Etre et Avoir".  If you've not seen this film, you should.  The story of a gifted teacher and the students he nutures with respect and infinite patience.  Truly moving.

And this gorgeous shop in Paris whose profits are devoted to operating a cooperative for young women in Madagascar.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, this is Julia, the one who stumbled upon your shop this evening. As promised, I've come to see your blog & I must say I'm enchanted! Etre et Avoir is such a fantastic film, I fell in love with its simplicity & intricacy (interesting combination, but true still) when I first saw it in college. I must admit, however, that I had completely lost it, thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete